Why not adopt a Senior GSD? Below are just a few reasons why they make great pets too - puppies don't have to be your only choice when looking for a new companion dog for you or your family.
1. Housetrained - Older dogs are often house-trained.
You won't have to go through the difficult stage(s) of teaching a puppy house manners, and mopping or cleaning up after accidents.2. Won't chew inappropriate items -
Older dogs are not teething puppies, and won't chew your shoes and furniture while growing up.
3. Focus to learn - Older dogs can focus well because they've mellowed. Therefore, they learn quickly.
4. Know what "no" means - Older dogs have learned what "no" means. If they hadn't learned it by now, they wouldn't have gotten to be "older" dogs.
5. Settle in with the "pack" - Older dogs settle in easily, because they've learned what it takes to get along with others and become part of a pack.
6. Good at giving love - Older dogs are good at giving love, once they get into their new, loving home. They are ever so grateful for the second chance they've been given.7. WYSIWYG
- What You See Is What You Get: Unlike puppies, older dogs have grown into their shape and personality. Puppies can grow up to be quite different from what they seemed at first.
8. Instant companions - Older dogs are instant companions, ready
for hiking, car trips, and other things you like to do. A great reason
to adopt an older GSD.
9. Time for yourself - Older dogs leave you time for yourself, because they don't make the kinds of demands on your time and attention that puppies and young dogs often do.
10. A good night's sleep - Older dogs let you get a good night's sleep because they're accustomed to human schedules and don't generally need nighttime feedings, comforting, or bathroom breaks.
Adopt a Senior GSD and you will have a companion
that will love you the rest of it's life!
Return from Adopt a Senior GSD to GSD Trivia
"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about little puppies." -- Gene Hill
Sign up for promotions, news, discounts, and the chance to win prizes for you and your German Shepherd
Thank you for this web site. Very informative and well written. I
often advise my shepherd people to visit here for information. Again
Laura Page Warden
What a fabulous website!!! I really enjoyed reading about the history of the dogs. There is a ton of helpful information on here and defiantly something for every reader to enjoy!!!
Recently got a GSD again. Last time had GSD no internet etc. Cant believe how much info for free. Kenneth
I love and appreciate the helpful advice I found on your website!