Too Friendly White German Shepherd Puppy
Hello, i have a white german shepherd female, 9 months old.
i havent taken her to a vet yet but i will soon.
i have a few questions:
1. Is the white coated shepherd really a more friendly or is it poor socializing that makes my dog want to jump on every stranger she spots? how should i stop that?
2. How can i know if my dog is in her heat period? and is it okay if she mates if i havent taken her to a vet yet?
3. what is the best game to play with my dog?
thanks so much!Total German Shepherd
: Congratulations on your new white German Shepherd puppy
. First of all, please get your GSD puppy to a vet asap to have her checked.
I assume that you haven't kept her up on her puppy shots and worming either since you haven't taken her to the vet and this is soooooo important in order to keep your maturing puppy healthy. Please make sure you ask your vet all about this too when you go and get that taken care of to help prevent her from getting a whole host of diseases - before it happens.Concerning your questions:
1. Your white GSD puppy needs dog training pure and simple. While it may not be a huge issue now just imagine if you keep letting it go how painful it could be once she's full grown and weighs 70 pounds plus!
2. I would seriously advise that you get your GSD puppy spayed
as soon as possible because it has so many health benefits for her as she matures - plus you won't have to worry about heat cycles and all the hygiene issues in the future or unwanted puppies to add to the pet overpopulation problem either which is so important.
I would not advise you to let a puppy have puppies - or for you to allow your dog to have puppies when you do not know what the entire process is either. This is a big thing not to be taken too lightly because you could potentially lose your dog in childbirth plus loads of other complications can occur.
3. Whatever you and your white GSD puppy
enjoy the best is what I would encourage you to do together but here are a few other suggestions you might want to check out, in our fun and games
Good luck with your white German Shepherd puppy and feel free to send in some pictures to us sometime too.