Why not adopt a Senior GSD? Below are just a few reasons why they make great pets too - puppies don't have to be your only choice when looking for a new companion dog for you or your family.
1. Housetrained - Older dogs are often house-trained.
You won't have to go through the difficult stage(s) of teaching a puppy house manners, and mopping or cleaning up after accidents.2. Won't chew inappropriate items -
Older dogs are not teething puppies, and won't chew your shoes and furniture while growing up.
3. Focus to learn - Older dogs can focus well because they've mellowed. Therefore, they learn quickly.
4. Know what "no" means - Older dogs have learned what "no" means. If they hadn't learned it by now, they wouldn't have gotten to be "older" dogs.
5. Settle in with the "pack" - Older dogs settle in easily, because they've learned what it takes to get along with others and become part of a pack.
6. Good at giving love - Older dogs are good at giving love, once they get into their new, loving home. They are ever so grateful for the second chance they've been given.7. WYSIWYG
- What You See Is What You Get: Unlike puppies, older dogs have grown into their shape and personality. Puppies can grow up to be quite different from what they seemed at first.
8. Instant companions - Older dogs are instant companions, ready
for hiking, car trips, and other things you like to do. A great reason
to adopt an older GSD.
9. Time for yourself - Older dogs leave you time for yourself, because they don't make the kinds of demands on your time and attention that puppies and young dogs often do.
10. A good night's sleep - Older dogs let you get a good night's sleep because they're accustomed to human schedules and don't generally need nighttime feedings, comforting, or bathroom breaks.
Adopt a Senior GSD and you will have a companion
that will love you the rest of it's life!
Return from Adopt a Senior GSD to GSD Trivia
"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about little puppies." -- Gene Hill
Sign up for promotions, news, discounts, and the chance to win prizes for you and your German Shepherd